All pre order lead times quoted on our website are approximate dates only and we are not responsible for any delays which are out of our hands.
If you wish to cancel your order, please visit our cancellation policy.
To avoid multiple shipping charges with couriers, we will hold all items in our warehouse until the last item arrives back in stock and everything will be shipped together. If you prefer for stocked items to be shipped separately, please contact us and we can discuss delivery costs as extra charges will apply.
If all items are in stock, we will not usually make contact prior to dispatch.
Shopping & Delivery Information
Delivery to your door is by a mixture of providers, some of whom are couriers and some transport and haulage companies. We always endeavor to get items to you at the best price but taking safety of your precious cargo into account. This means at Haus of Rattan we don’t always accept the lowest transport quote to you.
Our prices to you reflect professional quotes from service providers and are based on postcode and other factors such as size weight and distance.
In some instances, we offer courier services to a courier depot for your collection which can lower the cost substantially (please talk to us about this). TNT depots are our current choice for this service.
Please email us at [email protected] if you are outside your capital city metro or if you are unsure about shipping costs. We will provide you with an accurate door to door or door to depot quote.
You should ideally be at home for delivery or have given us clear instructions where to leave the item at your house safely and under cover.
- Most of our rattan and teak products are hand made in Indonesia to strict quality standards. Some of our household goods are made in Australia and elsewhere. We have chosen each piece with care and they reflect items we believe people will love as much as we do.
- For items that are not in stock the delivery time varies from 3 – 4 months from receipt of order (often much quicker than this). This includes at least 7/8 weeks of production, preparation of load and loading, 8/10 days sailing to Brisbane, unloading and customs clearance and delivery to us at Forest Glen. Our Customer RM will update you regularly by email. Various factors affect delivery times and these currently are:
- Illness such as COVID in our worksites
- Container availability
- Shipping delays – most industries are being affected by these issues
- Customs clearance
- Delivery to us of containers at Forest Glen
- Availability of appropriate Courier
- Please note the month we advise you of shipping is our best estimation and NOT A GUANTEED DELIVERY DATE. We will regularly update you.
We know you will love your pieces but we want to be upfront with the realities in the modern word. For example, choosing a new car can involve a 6-8 to eight month wait. We completely believe our products are worth the investment of your and our time – that’s why we do what we do. This means when you receive your piece it has been made in the last few months and not left languishing in a dusty storage, has been delivered to you in a safe way at the best price we can arrange.
- When placing a preorder with us you are committing to the order. Your payment is used to keep the operation in Indonesia flowing and provide the producers with regular work. It is our belief that we can all benefit from sustainable ethical business practices in international cooperation. Our prices reflect our wish to provide you with an individual piece of excellence at a price that is both affordable to you that doesn’t exploit the local work force or add to the exploitation of the planet.
WE FIRMLY BELIEVE WE ARE ACHIEVING THE BALANCE BETWEEN FAIR PRICES TO OUR CUSTOMERS, FAIR PRICES TO OUR SUPPLIERS and MANGING THE ETHICAL ISSUES OF MINIMISING THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON THE ENVIRONMEMT
- In the event that incorrect shipping costs have been selected by you and require an additional freight cost our Customer Service Team will be in touch with you.
- SHIPPING OVERSEAS – Please talk to us about this
- We reserve the right to decline delivery to places outside the normal courier network as prices can end up being prohibitive to you the costumer.
- STOCK ORDERS. Please allow 7 – 10 working days for the process of picking and packing your order
Covid Delays and Restrictions (How does this affect my order)
Make no mistake the day-to-day effects of Covid in the Western world have receded however in many parts of the world the effects have not and still has devastating effects on the primary health of groups of people in many countries.
The secondary effects of COVID are the chaotic aftermath delay and skill shortages businesses across the world are experiencing. This has affected the PIPELINE SUPPLY CHAIN. Put simply, it means everybody is desperate to catch up the two years they lost and want their product now if not yesterday.
Some of our customers unfortunately experienced longer than usual delays and in some cases are still waiting for their pre orders. At Haus of Rattan, we are acutely aware of this and you can be assured we are putting every safeguard and strategy in place to keep our systems flowing. We appreciate your ongoing patience, but please be assured we are working as hard as we can during this time to support our loyal customers.
WE EXTEND OUR THANKS AND APPRECIATION FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT FROM CUSTOMERS AND LOOK FORWARD TOUR OUT MUTUAL ENJOYMENT OF OUR PRODUCT.